It’s Monday! And instead of being all Boo-Hiss about it, I’m trying to get into the Woo-Hoo frame of mind instead. And with that, I bring you this week’s, The Good, the Better, and the Amazing!!
- I feel pretty today. Oh and yesterday too.
- I really like the book we are reading from class right now, Natsume Soseki’s Kokoro. It’s my favorite so far although Hedda Gabler was pretty awesome.
- My car started doing this crazy shaking thing this morning while I was taking the kids to school. I was able to get them to school AND drive the car to the mechanic. At first look he says it’s just a spark plug but wanted to let the car completely cool before taking a deeper look. So fingers crossed it’s just the spark plug.
- Augusten Burroughs’ book, This Is How: Proven Aid in Overcoming Shyness, Molestation, Fatness, Spinsterhood, Grief, Disease, Lushery, Decrepitude & More. For Young and Old Alike. finally came in for me at the library. And it’s funny but also interesting. He argues against positive affirmations and the fake it till you make it way of things and instead argues it is better to be true and honest with yourself, face down your demons, and deal with them accordingly. I appreciate that line of thinking as well.
- Stallion’s second job is officially kicking into gear this week. So he’ll be working two part time jobs and going to school almost full time. Potentially exhausting, yes, but he really needs this boost as well.
- I have the coolest idea for Stallion’s birthday. Still munching over details but the gears are turning. I love surprising people with something awesome that they really want.
- I tried a new to me crochet technique this weekend called filet crochet. It looks so much harder than it actually is. I made a neat little skull doily type thing I am going to send to an artist as a thank you for some stuff they’ve sent me. And now I’ve got a new technique to add to my skill set!
So what about you? What’s your Good, Better, and Amazing this week?