All I knew when I opened up WordPress today was that I wanted to write but I wanted to write light stuff because I’m feeling a bit heavy. Imagine the perfection of finding a Liebster Award Nomination in my comments from ShelConnors!
There are 4 steps to receiving this award..
- List 11 things about yourself.
- Answer your nominator’s 11 questions.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers and ask them your own questions.
- Inform your nominees of their award nominations.
11 facts about myself:
- I’m a Leo with my moon and ascendant in Scorpio. I used to know what that means, but I don’t anymore.
- I finished reading Deborah Harkness’ A Discovery of Witches today and loved it.
- If you want to really know how I’m doing, look at my hands. If my nails are long and polished and my cuticles are healthy, all is well. If my nails are short and uneven and my cuticles torn to bleeding, I’m not doing so well.
- Everyone has a preferred fighting style and I am passive-aggressive to the core.
- I know that people say to be a good writer you should be a good reader, but in my case I wonder if reading as much as I do doesn’t backfire. I have a hard time writing fiction, insecure in my ideas being original or interesting compared to the many things I have read in the past.
- I really don’t like the months of November and December. Everything feels chaotic and lazy at the same time. I feel like I should be winding down and relaxing but am also frenzied to keep up with the demands of the holiday season and the end of the year.
- I can be the best cheerleader you will ever have. I love to help others succeed and will bend all pretzel-like for others.
- My least favorite room in my house is the kitchen.
- I would very much like to live in a bookstore by the sea.
- I am quite sure that I am on the verge of doing another major purge of my home, ridding myself of many things, cutting back to less and less. I feel like my home doesn’t give me the joy I know it could. It’d be nice to have paint, and curtains, and frames for instance. And a cleaning lady.
- I’m scared.
11 Questions from Shel
- What inspires your blog? Whining.
- How long have you been blogging? Unofficially since 2002 I think.
- Favorite movie and why? Today I’ll say Big Fish because I’m emotional and want to cry.
- How many hours a week do you spend on the computer? Probably 60.
- How long does it take to write a post, on average? Not sure, never really paid much attention. But I do tend to almost all of my posts in one sitting and I don’t think I take very long.
- Did you ever dream your life would be what it is now? Hell. No.
- Favorite food? Chocolate.
- What would be your dream job, if you had the choice? Owning a bookstore by the sea.
- What is your hidden talent? I don’t really hide my talents, I’m too showy (it’s the Leo thing).
- Facebook or Pinterest? Don’t really like Facebook but at least I have an account there. I never even looked at Pinterest. Google+ is where it’s at!
- What is one thing you’re working on for yourself? Nothing. Everything I am doing is for my family.
Nominations: YOU! If you actually come here and hang out and read my blog, then I want YOU to have this lovely pink award. And I wantYOU to answer these questions. Don’t forget to let me know you did it so I can read your answers. I tried to make them interesting 🙂
My Burning Questions for YOU
- You are dumped into a fantasy world and get to be any creature you desire. What do you choose– Vampire, Witch, Werewolf, Fairy, Elf, Demon, Angel, Mermaid, Goblin, Troll, Ghost, Human, Other?
- You win a fabulous prize– a dinner personally catered by a living celebrity chef. Who do you choose?
- You get to live anywhere you want in the world rent-free. Where will you go and what kind of place will you live in?
- You win a one hour shopping spree in a store of your choice. Restrictions: No food or household items allowed. What store do you choose and what will you be buying?
- You get to donate $10,000 to a single charity of your choice– who gets it?
- You are given one household staff for the rest of your life. What do you choose– a cook, a housekeeper, a butler, a driver, a gardener, a nanny, a stylist, an assistant, a seamstress, a nurse, or something else? Why?
- Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Lust, Pride, Wrath, and Envy. Rank them in order from the sin you’re most guilty of down to the sin you’re least guilty of.
- What is a happy memory from your childhood?
- If you could learn a skill overnight, what skill would you choose?
- If you could learn a new language overnight, how would you say “Good Morning” when you wake up?
- You are invited to create a signature perfume. What would you name it and what would it smell like?