These holidays throw me off when it comes to getting my blog on. But it’s never too late to reflect on some good stuff.
- School’s good. I like it. I can’t remember how long it’s been that I’ve sat in a room and discussed books with people. I do force myself to stay quiet some of the times, but it’s hard. I love talking about what I’m reading and never really get the chance so I just want to yap, yap, yap.
- I still have credit cards that I am living off of which is good because child support is still not coming through and there is no word of anything forthcoming so at least I have credit cards to cover the necessities like $70 to fill my gas tank!
- I got sick again a couple of days ago with the whole congestion thing. It’s not as horrible as it was the last time and the Advil Cold & Sinus is helping big time. Oh and the Afrin. That stuff dries me up majorly.
- My dad is helping me out with the blog and such. I have a lot of ideas for content for the blog and things I want to do with it. I do believe there is a need for a blog that helps single parents without resorting to the same old stuff that’s been regurgitated several times and without attracting negativity. And of course, I think there is also room for me to keep my voice and my stories. It’s scary and exciting at the same time.
- Since there’s not much I can do about the finances, I’ve been taking it out on the house. I have this theory that I tend to freak out about cleanliness when I’m more stressed because it’s something I can control. So today, for instance, I stink of Clorox and it makes me feel a little better.
- The paycheck I got on Friday was the first one after I paused the 401k contributions and guess what? It was enough to cover all of my bills and give me $50 towards necessities. Last month, I didn’t have enough for all the bills from my paycheck. So yay, big relief there.
- This weekend. I went sailing with my dad and Stallion. I’ve crocheted. I did all the homework readings for the week. I slept a ton. I watched movies– including one called Tenure that made me think of NicoleandMaggie of course. I got some cleaning done. I wasn’t in a super social mood and I did have some stressed out, just wanna cry, moments but for the most part, I just stuck to little pleasures and all was good.
- My grandmother told me her friend who knits and crochets told her I should go to this yarn store that she goes to because everything was 50% off and that it was a really big, really great store. So today, I went because I wanted to get out of the house and look at yarn and because I knew it’d make my grandmother happy. Well, it turns out the store is having this big giant sale because they are selling the store– to a girl I went to high school with. She recognized me immediately and was so sweet. I’m excited I found this place. She is keeping everything the same, it’s just that the previous owner is ready to retire. They have a ton of variety, including some really affordable stuff. And now I know someone at a yarn store. She said I could pop in whenever I wanted to crochet and just hang out. So exciting!
I am pretty sure there was other good, better, and amazing stuff to share with you all but it’s getting to be my bedtime and my brain is shutting down quickly. So do tell, what are you good, better, and amazings this week??