Well, this turned out to come to fruition a lot sooner than I’d expected. I just got thinking about things I would like to do that are somewhat measurable and in the short to mid-term range. The fingers started typing and out came a list of 17 goals which I tried to make as SMART as possible.
I think perhaps I could do some more thinking and generate some goals that are more long-term in their nature but right now, I’m having a tough time with those.
As you will see, one of my goals does relate directly to the blog. I think if I keep revisiting my goals, at the very least through this blog, I have a better chance of keeping them in focus and therefore give them less of a chance to wander off.
Without further ado, I present
MutantSupermodel Life Goals as of September 20, 2010:
- Spend 15 minutes in each room searching for items to donate to the Veterans pick-up on September 29, 2010.
- Try the money envelope system September 30, 2010 for three months (December 31, 2010).
- Create a Christmas budget by October 15, 2010 and stick to it.
- Update the blog at least once a week for the next four weeks (October 22, 2010).
- Complete requested crocheted baby cape by October 27, 2010.
- Schedule monthly donations pick-ups starting October 29, 2010 for the next six months (March 29, 2011).
- Commit to another reading project for 2011 and have details worked out by December 15, 2010.
- Send Christmas cards Friday, December 17, 2010.
- Complete MutantEldest’s Mario Bros. blanket by December 25, 2010.
- Complete 26 in 2010 project allowing for 5 substitutions (i.e. skipping certain letters) by December 31, 2010.
- Continue tracking spending in Excel for the next four months (January 31, 2011).
- Have registration fees ready to be paid by February 15, 2011 so my parents don’t have to pay it again.
- Go on a family trip in the next six months (March 2011) and a kid-free trip in the six months after that (October 2011).
- Re-commit to doing laundry every other day for the next six months (March 25, 2011).
- Continue planning Girls’ Night for next six months (April 2011).
- Lose 12 pounds in 12 months (September 25, 2011).
- Pay off credit cards by December 2011, one month ahead of schedule.
P.S. Cheerleaders are welcome. Apply via the comments 😉