If you’re curious about couponing, here are some deals to get your feet wet. No Sunday paper needed for these, just a computer and printer, scissors, and Rewards Cards where applicable:
CVS (Sale ends Saturday)
Note: Make sure you never “waste” your ExtraCare Bucks (ECB’s). If you have $10 in ECB, make sure you are buying $10 worth of stuff after coupons. Never bring your total to a negative. Mix and match these to suit your out of pocket needs. Just remember, some registers print the ENTIRE amount of ECB’s and those are harder to “roll” forward. Personally, I try not to go above $10, $15 in ECB’s earned in one transaction.
- Buy Colgate Pro Clinical Toothpaste, 4 oz for only $3.99
- Use this coupon for $1 off
- Earn $2 in ExtraCare Bucks (ECB’s)
- You pay $2.99 (plus tax) and get $2 in ECB’s back making your $4 toothpaste only $1
- Buy 3 Cereals, either Lucky Charms or Cheerios, for $9.99
- Use the appropriate combination of coupons for 55 cents off each box:
- Lucky Charms coupon 1 or coupon 2
- Cheerios coupon 1 or coupon 2
- Earn $4 in ECB
- You pay $8.34 (plus tax) and get $4 in ECB’s back making three boxes of cereal only $4.34. If you use your $2 ECB from the first transaction, you only pay $6.34.
- Buy two products from the John Frieda collection on sale for $5 (not the ones for $8 from the specific lines– Go Blonder, Color Renew, etc)
- Use this coupon (you have to register with the site)
- Earn $3 ECB
- You pay $7.50 (plus tax) and get $3 ECB making it only $4.50 Use your $4 ECB and you only pay $3.50
- Buy 2 Neutrogena Suncare or Sunless tanning products that are on sale at $9.99 (they have more expensive ones but try to get these
- Use this coupon for $2 off
- Earn $10 ECB
- You pay $17.98 and get $10 in ECB back making it only $7.98. If you use your $3 ECB from the other transaction, you only pay $14.98 out of pocket. Now you’ve got $10 for next week’s ad!
Note: SouthernSavers is my resource for couponing. They do the hard work of matching sales to coupons. But since so many of you have recently asked me about couponing and would like to just jump in without buying the newspaper, I figured I’d highlight some of the deals you can do with just online coupons and maximum returns. If you are intrigued by what you learn here, I suggest going to their website. It’s user-friendly, the tutorials are great, and the guides are helpful.